Sunday, October 16, 2011

Finally! A frog comes back.

For a whole week after our glorious rain, there hasn't been a single frog in the pond.  It made me very sad.  Hercules was nowhere to be seen for days, either.  (Hercules is my lizard boyfriend.)


Friday, my husband reported that "[my] boyfriend" was on the porch and was quite annoyed with him using the recycling bin.  He kept running up the tree and coming back and running up the tree again.  (My boyfriend, not my husband.)  I still haven't seen Hercules, so I hope my husband hasn't permanently run my boyfriend off. 

Then last night, late, I saw a magnificent Rio Grande Leopard Frog in the pond.  She was one of the biggest I had ever seen and was quite stunning.  I was so happy to see a frog back at the pond.  I still haven't seen a single toad, though and wonder what happened to the the three juveniles that had been regulars most of the summer.

Yesterday, my next door neighbor said that there has been a giant toad hanging out around their house for awhile.  I told her that it might very well be Ulysses. They have a very nice garden with more shade than I have, so maybe he spent the hot summer with them.  I hope he visits me again.



No comments:

Post a Comment