Sunday, December 4, 2011

Raining all weekend!

The pond is full, the fountain and filter are working well and the water is clear.  I still haven't moved Marge and George into the aquarium, but am putting extra netting over the pond every day because I saw evidence that a bird has been eyeing the pond while I've been at work.  No wonder my fishies were getting shy!   Now that double nets are up, the fish are bolder.  I love that.  Cleopatra is still hanging out at the pond.  I think one other Leopard frog is, too, but I haven't seen a toad in ages. 

I put a little lit Christmas tree on the porch tonight as a festive touch.  Later in the evening, I looked out the window and say Marge swimming around pretty aggressively.  Normally at night, they just stay still.  Are they sleeping?  I think so! But tonight, Marge was pretty active so I was afraid there was a snake or some other menace around.  I checked and all was well.  When I came out, they settled down.  Maybe they don't like the lights from the Christmas tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment