Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pissy Frog

This morning I saw a beautiful Rio Grande Leopard Frog on the side of the pond.  When I came out of the house, he scrambled to get into the pond and hide from me.  Yeah, whatever.

The other day, I caught a particularly large scorpion on the side of the house.  Bugger.  I hate these things.  I was going to keep his dead carcass in a jar so when (if?) I ever moved back to California I could have a little reminder of Texas.  They are pretty cool-looking.  Looking at the jar, I decided on a better use. Yum.


As I was placing this little morsel on the rock, I stepped into the garden and a furious hopping ensued all around my feet! That lovely little Leopard frog from this morning leapt onto a rock and into the pond.  I guess I almost stepped on him.  So, I figured he'd be at the bottom of the pond for awhile.  

Uh, no.  While I didn't exactly get yelled at, if my mom ever looked at me this way, I knew I was in big trouble. 

Yeah, that is one pissed off frog.  He just sat and glared at me. 






Close up?












OK, bigger close up of a very pissed off Rio Grande Leopard Frog.  Sorry, dude.  I will leave you to your scorpion in peace.  Oh, by the way, I left a few June bugs for you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment