Thursday, June 23, 2011

Today The Toads Came...

Not much happening in the pond during the day.  A little toad hid in a tight spot between the wall of the pond and a rock and watched me watching him in the afternoon. Little did I know that he was just early for the evening's festivities.

At about 10 pm, I decided to check one more time.  YIKES!  Party time!  Not just a party but a TOAD party! I counted 5 at least. They were swimming, jumping and diving.  Two were locked in a passionate embrace making sweet tadpole makin' love. They did not like my flashlight one bit and started calling out - chirping and singing.   Actually, I thought I heard: "hey lady, leave us alone!"  Yeah, I can take a hint. I am way too old for this crazy party.  I turned off the porch light. No sign of little frog.I guess the toads told him he was too little for this kind of fun.  Hope he's ok; haven't seen him in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment