Friday, July 22, 2011

Second Snake-Free Morning

This guy is about an inch and a half long and is just a baby.  I used to see him every morning, but hadn't for a few days and had been sure that he had been eaten by snakes.  Today, he appeared when I walked out and he let me take his picture.  



It may be my imagination, but a few of the pond critters went out of their way to say "hi" to me yesterday.  They seem pretty happy to have their home back. In particular, the big toad, the one I call "Toad", came out of the pond, faced me, looked directly at me and smiled, blinking.  I spoke to him for awhile and he seemed to like that.

Here is a new toad.  She is small and appears to have a somewhat injured leg. I thought she might be a different species as she seems to be slightly yellow in appearance and has bigger spots on her legs. 













Meanwhile, baby frog inside seems to be doing well.  He is often quite still, but does go from rock to rock and does a bit of swimming.  I put out a little pile of bloodworm goo on a rock for him twice a day. I saw him eating some yesterday, so that's good.  Stay strong, baby frog!  I may move his house to the guest room so I can close it off when we are gone.  I don't quite trust my hound dog, Gilbert, not to investigate the aquarium (knock it over and spill contents everywhere).

No comments:

Post a Comment