Thursday, July 14, 2011

Snake Was Swimming in the Pond Yesterday.

Normally, I love garter snakes in the garden.  They eat bugs, they keep rattlesnakes away and they are just cute.  I have a resident snake however that I found swimming in the pond yesterday who has apparently decided that tadpoles are tasty snacks.  I think the goldfish are a little big for him, because Marge just swam right by him and didn't even flinch.  She is a tough cookie, though.

I chased this one into a corner (ok, this isn't the actual snake, but he looked just like this one, which is a Texas checkered garter snake) where he hid from me, occasionally peering out, frightened.  I yelled at him and told him I did not appreciate him eating tadpoles.  He slithered out of the pond as I told him off and poked at him and told him not to come back.   I kind of felt bad.   Such a conflict. He was beautiful when he swam, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment