Friday, July 1, 2011

Where Have All The Froglets and Toads Gone?

Three days and no frogs.  No toads.  This is a head-scratcher.    My fear is that a predator of some kind took them out or scared them away.

Another possibility is that I have been a too-nosy neighbor.  Picture Gladys Kravitz, neighbor of lovely peaceful Samantha Stevens and her family.  I guess I'm Glady in this picture:

"Abner, look!  There's a new froggie! We have to go visit!"

Abner (aka my better half):  "No, leave them in peace. They really aren't that interesting."

Gladys (me):  "I'm going over to visit them, anyway"  [I walk over to the pond and sit down next to it with my camera.]


"Oh, HAI! Look at all you you cute little frogs.  I wanna take your picture.  NOW.  Hey, stay still."

Little Frog:  "You?  Again?"

Toad:  "Seriously?  Leave us alone, ok?  I'm busy.  Really busy.  HEY, get outta my cave, stupid ^@#&%$#. I am calling the cops here if you don't leave.  Oh, and I heard you posted a picture of my ass on the internet and called me fat.   Btw, that scorpion was stale.  I really need some peace and quiet.  Grumble, grumble, grumble.  How is anyone supposed to lay eggs in here, anyway, with all this commotion. Go away. "

No comments:

Post a Comment