Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Slow Days At The Pond

We are having a heat wave and drought that should last another couple of months.   Oddly, the insect populations is close to nil, even when I leave the porch light on at night. I wonder if that is why I've seen no frogs for over a week in the pond until last night, when I peeked out the window and saw a nice adult Leopard frog perched on a rock.  I wanted to take a picture, but I didn't want to scare him or her. It really is oddly critter free around here.  I have to wonder if the heat has anything to do with that.


I still see tadpoles.  I cannot WAIT to see them turn into froglets.

Also adding fresh RO water little by little into the pond.  The ph is better.  I have no saline counter, but that should be better as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment